Celebrate Spring Renewal With Our Green Bioheat® Fuel

Posted by admin on 2020-03-19 16:19:00

Spring is here, and that means all of nature’s green hues will be returning once again to brighten things up after a mild but grey New York winter. To keep our environment clean and healthy, so that we can continue to enjoy its vibrant colors, we’re proud to deliver Bioheat Fuel across our service area.

Bioheat Fuel is the heating oil industry’s answer to going green, and we’re happy to have embraced it! But what exactly is it?

Bioheat Fuel is…

  • An improvement on traditional home heating oil, featuring a cleaner burn and fewer greenhouse gas emissions
  • A blend of biodiesel, which is made from renewable resources such as agricultural and food waste products, and heating oil
  • Labeled according to the percentage of biodiesel in its blend. For example, the Bioheat Fuel we deliver is a B20 blend – meaning 20% of the fuel is biodiesel with heating oil making up the remaining 80%
  • Usable in modern heating equipment without any modifications needed. It can even be added into a tank already containing traditional heating oil!
  • Qualifying New York homeowners for a 20 cents per gallon tax credit that remains in effect through 2020.

Even though we’re at the end of the heating season, it’s important to keep your fuel storage tank full! As a Skaggs-Walsh automatic delivery customer, you won’t need to track fuel levels or place an order for delivery because we’ll handle that for you! Give us a call or contact us online to learn more about our independent Bioheat Fuel supply or to enroll in automatic delivery.