The Best Defense Against Frozen Pipes is a Good Offense!
It seems like the entire U.S. has felt the freeze this winter, and that means millions of pipes are currently susceptible to freezing and bursting. A burst pipe can cause damage to your home and lead to costly repairs. In short, it’s a terrible way to start 2024!
Here are a few more tips to protect your pipes this winter!
· Insulate accessible pipes, especially if they are in an uninsulated area of your home
· Repair damaged windows, doors, and walls
· Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing
· Keep your thermostats above 55 degrees during freezing weather
· Seal crawl spaces or other areas that may offer access to cold air
· Before freezing temperatures arrive, turn off water to outside spigots and drain the water from the line
· If you will be away from home for an extended period of time, arrange for someone to make sure the heat is still functioning and there are no other issues
While a plumbing issue, like a burst pipe, is never something you want to deal with, you can rest assured that your problem will be addressed immediately by either of our two plumbing companies!
For our customers who require plumbing service in Brooklyn, Queens, or Manhattan, you can rely on Nulite for all your plumbing needs, and all Skagg-Walsh customers in Nassau County can contact Scheblein Plumbing & Heating for all your plumbing services.
For heating and plumbing emergencies, please call us at 718-353-7000.