We’re Dedicated to a Cleaner Today and Tomorrow with Bioheat® Fuel
All oil delivery trucks may look the same to you, but there’s a big difference between our home heating fuel and other companies’ oil. Skaggs-Walsh is proud to deliver B20 Bioheat® Fuel - a domestically produced, greener fuel made from renewable resources like plant oils, animal fats and recycled cooking oils.
Here are some important facts about Bioheat® Fuel:
- Our Bioheat® fuel is a blend of 20 percent green, renewable biofuel with high quality, ultra-low sulfur heating oil. It works in existing heating systems – and has been working in yours for a long time! Bioheat® Fuel significantly reduces greenhouse gas emissions, and we enhance our fuels with an additive that helps them lubricate and extend the life of your heating equipment.
- Bioheat® Fuel delivers plenty of heat energy – measured in British thermal units (BTUs) – to keep your home warm and comfortable.
- Bioheat® Fuel must meet rigorous standards set by the American Society of Testing & Materials. As a result, it is one of the cleanest heating sources available today, reducing your carbon emissions with every gallon.
- Today’s efficient home heating systems, powered by highly refined Bioheat® Fuel, help homeowners achieve their preferred level of comfort while using less fuel. Smarter, smaller and more efficient, new heating equipment can cut about 20% or more, on average, off your annual heating costs.
- Bioheat® Fuel is domestically produced. The biofuel we use is produced in America and that means more jobs and less reliance on foreign oil.
Today, every homeowner in New York City and on Long Island uses a minimum of 5% Bioheat® Fuel (B5) in place of traditional heating oil – as will the entire state as of this July. New York will reach a B20 standard by 2030, but Skaggs-Walsh customers are already reducing carbon emissions at this higher level with our 20% Bioheat® Fuel.
Even better – Skaggs-Walsh customers can claim the New York State Clean Heating Tax Credit of up to 20 cents per gallon of fuel delivered. The credit is available to anyone receiving between 6 and 20 percent Bioheat® fuel, and is available retroactively from 2017. Please contact us for information on your fuel usage and then include Form IT-241 with your state tax return.
We have always been dedicated to reducing our impact on the environment and improving the way homeowners heat their homes. Call (718) 353-7000 or (516) 227-3700 or visit us at http://www.SkaggsWalsh.com to learn more about Bioheat® Fuel and high efficiency heating equipment - and don’t forget to sign up for automatic fuel deliveries!