Sizing Up Your Cooling Comfort System
When it comes to leveling the playing field of summer comfort, the size of youris important – but it’s not necessarily the best option to get the biggest AC equipment available. In fact, your household might need something on the smaller end!
The only “right” size is the perfect size for your home, and equipment that is too big or too small for the space it is cooling will end up costing you more on your annual energy bill.
Here’s a breakdown on how improperly sized equipment can negatively impact your cooling costs this year and beyond.
· Will run almost indefinitely as it’s unable to reach the temperature set by the homeowner
· Won’t be able to remove moisture from the air, leaving you with a humid home
· Will deliver very little or no airflow to the vents – typically prompting homeowners to further crank up the system.
· Will work in quick bursts, cooling a home down too quickly to properly cycle, causing more wear and tear
· Drains more energy as it constantly starts up and shuts off more rapidly
· Leaves the home with uneven coverage, causing warm spots throughout the space
To sum up, with a properly sized air conditioning system you’ll be enjoying optimal levels of cooling comfort without breaking the bank. Is your AC system the right size for your home?!